Important Numbers To Know
- Suspicious or unauthorized activity: contact Citizens Bank & Trust at 320-587-2233 or Shazam at 866-508-2693.
- Lost or stolen debit or ATM card: contact Shazam at 800-383-8000.
- Temporary card block or fraud: contact Shazam Fraud at 866-508-2693.
Download Brella from your device’s app store today!
Brella helps you protect your debit card by sending you alerts when your card is used so you can quickly detect unauthorized or fraudulent activity on your account. Users have the option to receive alerts via text or email. You can also check your account balance anytime, turn your card off and on, send money to other Brella users and find nearby ATMs.
Alerts are provided for:
- Purchases exceeding thresholds as defined by you
- Card-not-present purchases
- Suspicious or high-risk transactions
With this app, you have the ability to define when, where and how your debit card can be used.
Users can set blocks for:
- Transactions exceeding a specific dollar amount
- Internet and phone transactions
- Transactions conducted outside of the U.S.
Turn your debit card on / off
This control can be used to disable a lost or stolen card, prevent fraudulent activity and control spending.
For more information, please contact a customer service representative at 320-587-2233.
Debit Card Security Question & Answer
Many merchants (including grocery stores and national discount stores) now offer a “cash back” option when you swipe your card through their authorized terminal. You simply select the “debit” function and then enter your PIN. This option eliminates the need to locate an ATM and provides cash without additional fees. Cash withdrawals can be done at ATMs all over the world (fees may apply). Look for the Shazam or Plus logo.
Visit www.shazam.net and look for the ATM Locator, enter your City and State and it will give you all ATM locations in that city. For international locations, enter the Airport or City and Country you will be traveling to.
Citizens Bank has partnered with Shazam (our ATM/Debit Card provider) to monitor your debit card for suspicious activity.
If suspicious activity is detected, you will be contacted by Citizens Bank or a Shazam fraud specialist to verify the transaction in question. That’s why it is important for the bank to have your current telephone number information. Please remember we will NOT ask for your debit card number or PIN to verify your identity.
Yes, please contact the bank with your travel dates and locations prior to leaving. This way, we can put an alert on your account.
It’s a good idea to verify that we have your most current cell and telephone numbers. If you provide us with your travel dates and locations, we can put an alert on your account. If you are traveling in the US and are unable to use your debit card, call Shazam Fraud at 866-508-2693 to verify transaction activity.
To report a lost or stolen Cash Card, or Cash & Check Card after hours, weekends, or holidays, please call SHAZAM at: 800-383-8000.
You may have a temporary card block due to suspicious activity. Call Shazam Fraud Operations at 866-508-2693.
- Report lost or stolen cards immediately by calling Shazam at 800-383-8000.
- Report lost or stolen checks immediately by calling Citizens Bank & Trust at 320-587-2233.
- Review your accounts regularly with free CB Online Banking, CB On-Call or free Mobile Banking. Regular account reviews will help you quickly detect and stop fraudulent activity. Contact a Personal Banker at 320-587-2233 regarding any suspicious activity.
- Store checks in a secure and safe location.
- Carry your checkbook with you only when necessary.
- Always keep your debit card in a safe and secure place.
- Do not send your card number through email.
- Do not give any personal information over the phone to someone you do not know or a business you have not anticipated calling you.
- Contact a personal banker if you identify any discrepancies on your account.
- Do not write your PIN down anywhere, especially on your card. Do not share it with anyone. Memorize your PIN.
- Only used secure internet connections when purchasing online.
- Never give your card number to someone calling you. Make charges only when you initiate the call.
- Citizens Bank has established daily withdrawal and purchase limits on your card for added security. For questions regarding card limits, contact a Personal Banker at 320-587-2233.
- Read your credit reports. You have a right to a free credit report every 12 months. To order, go to annualcreditreport.com or call 877-322-8228.
- Shred all documents that show personal, financial and medical information before throwing them away