Ask any Personal Banker for a copy of “Your Insured Deposits: FDIC’s Guide to Deposit Insurance Coverage,” or go to the FDIC website.
If you or your family has deposits at one insured bank totaling more than $250,000, you should know that different ownership categories of accounts are separately insured.
You may qualify for more than $250,000 in coverage at one insured bank if you own deposit accounts in different ownership categories. The most common ownership categories are: Single Accounts, Self-Directed Retirement Accounts, Joint Accounts and Revocable-Trust Accounts (Payable-on-death (POD) Accounts).
FDIC Deposit Insurance has permanently increased from $100,000 to $250,000 per depositor. The FDIC insures deposit accounts such as checking, NOW and savings accounts, money market deposit accounts, and certificates of deposit (CDs). The basic insurance amount is $250,000 per depositor per insured bank. If you and your family have $250,000 or less in all of your deposit accounts at the same insured bank, you do not need to worry about your insurance coverage. Your funds are fully insured.
Many merchants (including grocery stores and national discount stores) now offer a “cash back” option when you swipe your card through their authorized terminal. You simply select the “debit” function and then enter your PIN. This option eliminates the need to locate an ATM and provides cash without additional fees. Cash withdrawals can be done at ATMs all over the world (fees may apply). Look for the Shazam or Plus logo.
Visit www.shazam.net and look for the ATM Locator, enter your City and State and it will give you all ATM locations in that city. For international locations, enter the Airport or City and Country you will be traveling to.
Citizens Bank has partnered with Shazam (our ATM/Debit Card provider) to monitor your debit card for suspicious activity.
If suspicious activity is detected, you will be contacted by Citizens Bank or a Shazam fraud specialist to verify the transaction in question. That’s why it is important for the bank to have your current telephone number information. Please remember we will NOT ask for your debit card number or PIN to verify your identity.
Yes, please contact the bank with your travel dates and locations prior to leaving. This way, we can put an alert on your account.
It’s a good idea to verify that we have your most current cell and telephone numbers. If you provide us with your travel dates and locations, we can put an alert on your account. If you are traveling in the US and are unable to use your debit card, call Shazam Fraud at 866-508-2693 to verify transaction activity.
To report a lost or stolen Cash Card, or Cash & Check Card after hours, weekends, or holidays, please call SHAZAM at: 800-383-8000.
You may have a temporary card block due to suspicious activity. Call Shazam Fraud Operations at 866-508-2693.
- Report lost or stolen cards immediately by calling Shazam at 800-383-8000.
- Report lost or stolen checks immediately by calling Citizens Bank & Trust at 320-587-2233.
- Review your accounts regularly with free CB Online Banking, CB On-Call or free Mobile Banking. Regular account reviews will help you quickly detect and stop fraudulent activity. Contact a Personal Banker at 320-587-2233 regarding any suspicious activity.
- Store checks in a secure and safe location.
- Carry your checkbook with you only when necessary.
- Always keep your debit card in a safe and secure place.
- Do not send your card number through email.
- Do not give any personal information over the phone to someone you do not know or a business you have not anticipated calling you.
- Contact a personal banker if you identify any discrepancies on your account.
- Do not write your PIN down anywhere, especially on your card. Do not share it with anyone. Memorize your PIN.
- Only used secure internet connections when purchasing online.
- Never give your card number to someone calling you. Make charges only when you initiate the call.
- Citizens Bank has established daily withdrawal and purchase limits on your card for added security. For questions regarding card limits, contact a Personal Banker at 320-587-2233.
- Read your credit reports. You have a right to a free credit report every 12 months. To order, go to annualcreditreport.com or call 877-322-8228.
- Shred all documents that show personal, financial and medical information before throwing them away
YES! Citizens Bank & Trust Co. uses state-of-the-art firewalls and security to protect your accounts and identity. We protect your information by:
- Using Secured Socket Layer (SSL) data encryption.
- Requiring you to use a browser with 128-bit encryption. We have also implemented the Multi-Factor Authentication which requires you to answer security questions if you are not at a registered computer.
- Never displaying your social security number or account numbers over the Internet. Instead, we allow you to customize your account names to properly differentiate accounts.
- Automatically disconnecting your Online Banking session after 10 minutes of inactivity.
Mobile Deposit is a way to electronically deposit checks into our deposit account(s) from your iPhone®, or Android™ device using our Mobile Banking app.
You must be enrolled in Online Banking. Then go to "Profile," click "Enroll," for Mobile Banking. Accept the Terms and Conditions and click "Continue." Enter you mobile number to have the download link sent via text message to your phone. The mobile app code is: gomobile0315.
Only complete, unaltered check in U.S. currency drawn on a financial institution in the U.S. and made payable to the account owner(s) that have been properly endorsed are accepted. Check must be dated less than six months from the deposit date to be deposited.
The endorsement area will need the payee's signature(s).
Mobile Deposit allows you to make deposits up to $3,000 per day and $1,500 per check.
There is no charge! You can deposit as many checks as you like below the $3,000 daily maximum. Wireless message and data rates may also apply.
Once your deposit has posted to your account, our normal funds availability policy will apply. Cutoff time for Mobile Deposit will be 4:00 p.m. Typically it take 24 hours for the funds to become available. If you are depositing over the weekend, please allow 24 hours from the first business day of the week.
Please keep the checks in a safe place for 30 calendar days after you see the check deposited in your account. This is to assure that you have the check until it has gone through the check collection system. After that, dispose of the check securely - we recommend cross-cut shredding.
In the mobile app, click "Deposit" then "Check Deposit History." Your mobile deposit history will who as accepted, pending or failed. Your mobile deposit should show in your recent transactions on the next business day after you make your deposit.
You will receive our normal mailed response in the event of insufficient funds.
Non-profit organizations and small businesses who are logging into the Personal Online Banking site are eligible.
No, after you complete the transaction, the pictures will not be stored on your mobile device.
Yes, you can transfer money using your mobile phone either by using your mobile browser or downloading the mobile banking app, called Touch Banking.
Because we are dedicated to a safe and secure Online banking experience, we require that you use the highest security standard available. Many PCs are currently running browsers with 40-bit encryption and must be updated at no charge. Simply click on the TEST BROWSER button next to the CB Online login to check and update your browser if needed.
Online Banking is a free service to customers.
If you forget your PIN, we now have a Forgot Password option right on the login page. You enter your user code and your password will be emailed to you shortly. If you are locked out, please call 320-587-2233 and ask to speak with an Online Banking representative.
If you are locked out of your accounts, simply call Citizens Bank & Trust Co. at 320-587-2233 and ask to speak with an Online Banking representative.
There is no software to download. You access CB Online through our website.
While you can create transfer requests 24-hours a day, only express transfers made before 6:00 PM on business days will post that same day. All transfers made after 6:00 PM Monday-Friday, on weekends or on holidays will post the next business day. Express transfers will show in your balance immediately and post the same day. Scheduled transfers can take up to 2 days to complete.
Yes, you can transfer funds between any of your CB&T accounts that you have linked to CB Online.
Yes, you can make your loan payments at no charge. You can even set up your loan payment to take place automatically.
Yes, you can download to Microsoft Money, Quicken and Spreadsheets.
Yes, you can access your accounts from any PC with Internet access and 128-bit encryption.
Encryption scrambles data with a secret code so that no one can make sense of it while it’s being transmitted. When the data reaches its destination, the same software unscrambles the information. When you see a small lock icon at the bottom of your browser, it indicates that your data has been encrypted for transmission.